HybridZ

TrackZpeeds CXRacing LS1 T56 240z

3 hours ago, trackzpeed said:

A shout out to all first responders and the selfless work they do to protect our communities.  One fire out and more pop up raging on. We in far NorCal are getting weary but we will not yield. 

That fire off the 5 was crazy. Stay safe up there. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Read this entire thread and it's convinced me to go with the CX Racing kit (with the exhaust manifold and y-pipe being a big selling point for me). Can you comment on the NVH with this kit? I was considering the JCI kit because it allows for OEM rubber mounts, but am willing to overlook that.

Got it.... the car is loud no matter what but not because of the mounts.  Minimal sound deadening for a lighter car for me plus I like the exhaust note. I get some differential sounds from my solid mounts back there but that’s not part of the CXR stuff. Handling is great but my car has all adjustable LCA’s and camber plates..... may be a bit darty for some but turn in is great and very neutral steering that can be modulated with right foot. If I did it again I would use the new cross brace that ties in to TC area (forget the manufacturer name) then bolt in the CXR stuff on top of that. I run the car hard and have no regrets.  Happy with my outcomes. 

Hope that helps. Jim 

17 hours ago, trackzpeed said:

Hoke makes really nice stuff. I was going to be a beta tester for him but it took to long to come to market and I got impatient. I’ve been happy with the CXR choice. 

Great stuff. I like the CXR option as I can get points off the purchase through a buddies shop... my only issue is how high the motor sits in comparison to the Hoke kit. can you measure the height of your intake to the hood when closed? This will help me decide :)