HybridZ

TrackZpeeds CXRacing LS1 T56 240z

On 10/18/2018 at 5:11 PM, trackzpeed said:

Got it.... the car is loud no matter what but not because of the mounts.  Minimal sound deadening for a lighter car for me plus I like the exhaust note. I get some differential sounds from my solid mounts back there but that’s not part of the CXR stuff. Handling is great but my car has all adjustable LCA’s and camber plates..... may be a bit darty for some but turn in is great and very neutral steering that can be modulated with right foot. If I did it again I would use the new cross brace that ties in to TC area (forget the manufacturer name) then bolt in the CXR stuff on top of that. I run the car hard and have no regrets.  Happy with my outcomes. 

Hope that helps. Jim 

Thanks for the feedback on this. When you talk about the cross brace that ties into the TC area, are you referring to Apex Engineered? I attached a link below.

Front tubular crossmember

• 4 weeks later...

On the To-do list is raising the exhaust for better clearance, in tank fuel pump and electric power steering..... but I’m kind of out of steam and motivation right now.  

A7998E82-6B64-40B6-B7F6-5F11A7C36024.thumb.jpeg.87a895962972d92e915de8bca416bac5.jpegA5034727-E1DD-4EB0-B824-E0292225B8ED.thumb.jpeg.ceb1f69199c3d421bc609c91809b6dfc.jpeg

so I spent some time on my other Motorsport passion... 

happy thanksgiving to the HybridZ community. 

Jim 

• 1 month later...

45B3545A-389B-40E5-B1BA-D3340EBDB1EC.thumb.jpeg.b9aeae3844604b8b5741993e48b790c0.jpegLots or rain and cold weather in NorCal......  had a brief opportunity to stretch the Z’s legs.  Sometimes I forget how freakishly quick this car is. It’s easy to get behind and overcook the apex on a spirited run.   Looking forward to next AutoX season. 

Edited by trackzpeed

• 1 month later...

Not much to report.   It’s been a rough year in far NorCal.  Record fires last summer, and record snow this winter.  Lost tress and fencing around the property and had to shut down the office a few days without power anywhere.  Hoping and praying for an un-eventful weather pattern for spring and summer with plenty of opportunity to run the Z.  

B80E36A7-E352-42F4-9592-4F250914FBDD.thumb.jpeg.841ae59db81f5d1d234f716012f4c429.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks box5...... didn’t get to race last weekend.  For some reason I have a caliper that has been hanging up after braking and didn’t have time to investigate.  I’m going to have all the brake fluids drained and replaced as well as clean up all the pistons.  Next race in May should be good to go.  

On 5/2/2019 at 6:49 AM, trackzpeed said:

Thanks box5...... didn’t get to race last weekend.  For some reason I have a caliper that has been hanging up after braking and didn’t have time to investigate.  I’m going to have all the brake fluids drained and replaced as well as clean up all the pistons.  Next race in May should be good to go.  

If it is a rear caliper and you have the T3 kit with the handbrake option, make sure to check the clearance where the handbrake cable goes into the caliper bracket. I had an issue where the cable would be able to go one way and not the other, causing the pads to be engaged some of the time. Just filed it out and problem went away! Excellent build by the way!

• 2 months later...