HybridZ

when to prime oil pump

ISPKI

Hey guys. Havent been on in a while since i couldnt work on my 77 280z during winter. I am reinstalling my timing cover and oil pan and need to know if i need to prime the motor with oil before starting it. It has not run for about 5 months but nothing is new except the oil seals. I had removed the oil pan to get at a helicoil that fell down behind the timing cover. I did not remove the oil filter either.

You could put some assembly lube on the cam. I just rebuilt a F54 P79 Carb engine and used the isky cam lube that came with it. I was worried about priming it but I started it up and the oil pressue came right up.

I will do that nnewzed. Sledz: I had placed some lucas oil on the cam lobes when i removed the valve cover because I was not sure how long i would have it off. Looks pretty clean still but I will take your suggestion. Do you think I would need assembly lube or would some more lucas oil be ok?