HybridZ

L28et Wire Harness Question

I'm in the process of doing an l28et swap into my s30. I only have a couple little things before I can start her up. The one thing I'm not sure on what I do with is this plug. I've looked at the wiring diagrams and one wire goes to the air regulator. And two go to the old ecu but I'm using the z31 now. How do I go about wiring this up? Is it even needed?post-48298-0-23631800-1430797011_thumb.jpg

It's right under the dash on the drivers side.

HMMM i am using a z31 ECU and I checked mine and the funny thing is I am Not using the green and black wires above it. The PO on mine wired a JWT ecu . I will look again to see if I see those colors of wires 

Sorry, I was trying to give enough info to make sense. The plug on my old harness near the ecu, it connected to this plug. But my new harness doesn't have this plug. I'm following bumblezees guide and he doesn't mention anything of it. It's l28et into s30.

HMMM i am using a z31 ECU and I checked mine and the funny thing is I am Not using the green and black wires above it. The PO on mine wired a JWT ecu . I will look again to see if I see those colors of wires

Sorry to be misleading, the plug on the old harness had 3 green wires and 1 black one. The actual plug that's under my dash has white w/ black strip, black w/ white strip, green w/ blue strip, and a blue wire. Hope that helps at all.

What year S30?  What year and type of Z31 harness?  Which harness did the plug you're looking at come from, S30 or Z31?  

Have you looked at any wiring diagrams at all or are you just connecting colored wires?

What year S30?  What year and type of Z31 harness?  Which harness did the plug you're looking at come from, S30 or Z31?  

Have you looked at any wiring diagrams at all or are you just connecting colored wires?

It's a 1978 280z. The harness is an 81 280zx. The plug came off the 78 s30 one. The 81 z31 doesn't have it. I looked at wiring diagrams, the plug on the 78 s30 harness had 3 green, 1 black. 1 wire went to the air regulator. The two spliced into wires that went to the ecu and the last one went to a plug somewhere.

So what you really want to know is what 1978 280Z component has white/black stripe and black/yellow stripe wires, and connected to something under the driver side dash of the 1978 280Z.  

Have you measured resistance across the two wires?  That would be a clue. 

The 78 wiring diagrams on the internet aren't really high enough quality to see wire labels.  Too bad.