HybridZ

280Z VQ35DE Done!

DevilZeto

Good morning, I am doing the same but with out the ITBs. Did you make your own loom or did you modify the stock? I am the type that would rather make it then pay for it... But also want to finish this thing up. Any suggestions you have would be great. Please put up some more pictures. Love your car, my friend.

Hello,

I used the original plugs on the engine (injector plugs, cam, etc), we then used the loom that the haltech platinum 1000 series brought and meshed them together. If you have a good knowledge of stand alone computers then I would suggest you go for it. I have a buddy who has been working with haltech for quite a while now and he was the one who did all the splicing and merging. As far as the original ECU is involved I know Hoke from Hokeperformance.com used a donor car and used everything including the gas pedal and "BATS" system (or I think its called that, lol). Anyhow let me know if I can answer any questions.

Edited by DevilZeto

• 1 month later...

Hey man,

Did you make the mounts locally or did you buy a kit?

I'm from Isabela, we spoke a couple of years ago. I'm the Air Force guy with the Silver 1977 280Z. I'm currently doing the body on my car, the engine is the next thing that I will tackle and a VQ is an option that I'm contemplating. 

Your car was already my favorite one in PR and now with that VQ you've cemented your position at the top. Congrats!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Love the ITB setup, I was contemplating on going this route.

Any noticeable gains with the ITB's

I am going to assume there must have been given that a factory VQ35DE produces at the crank what he is putting to the wheels on the dynojet. Would love to hear a sound clip!  I picked up a VQ35HR that needs to be built for a swap and I am really heavily considering the ITB's. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

A few pics of my finished VQZ in the track. More details to come.

I love the build.  I am working on a VQ37VHR build.  1) what ITB's did you use?  2) How do you know which vacuum lines you can remove?  The top of my engine has soo much crap everywhere, I cannot tell what is for emissions (which I don't need), etc

• 4 months later...