HybridZ

TPS voltages

digger

hi, 

i am trying to verify the wiring of my TPS. 

If i disconnect the TPS harness from the TPS itself and use a multimeter to probe across the signal pin and ground pin on harness side should i get 5V with ignition on?

Note that I’m talking with the sensor unplugged, when it’s plugged in i get 0.9V closed throttle and 2.15V WOT across the signal and ground. This is a very small range between 0 and 100% throttle which is what im troubleshooting.

Can anyone confirm that what I am seeing is correct with the wolf v500? i think this is correct but want to check with other users

Thanks

Edited by digger

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I thought I should reply to this given I’ve sorted my issues.

When you disconnect the sensor and multimeter across the 5V sensor supply pin and ground there needs to be 5V. There is also 5V across signal wire and ground as well. This measn two compibantions of pins should give 5V when the circuit is unloaded (i.e. no sensor plugged in)

When you plug the sensor in the 5v and ground should remain at 5V but the load of the sensor will pull the voltage between signal and ground down to typically 0.5V at 0 tps and 4.5V at WOT (depending on sensor etc).

My issue was that I didn’t have the 5V supply only the 5V signal when the sensor was unplugged, being unware that I should get 5V across two pins (the internet failed to provide answers) I was confusing the two.  It still functions with the 5V supply but poorly.

The root cause was that WOLF routed the 5V supply to a different pin when they made the plug and play harness. I believe this to be an error.

Edited by digger