HybridZ

Good spark plug wire set to use with JTR header

MSD with flexible boots. I did dimple one tube. Two years, so far so good. They were on the motor when I bought it.

X2. I made 600-800hp on my setup and created a TON of heat, eventually I had to use the boots to protect them, but the MSDs always worked best for me

Shocked that the MSD's held up, I ate through 3 sets of there wires and boots with my old sbc S30, finally went to Taylor 10MM and never looked back.  That's good to know that they have made adjustments to the material in there boots.

I have been looking at the MSD wires online and saw there were 2 boots. According to the ebay ad, black boots are regular and red boots are hi temp? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSD-Ignition-32819-32813-spark-plug-wire-set-LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7-LS9-/151012469582?hash=item23290b6b4e&vxp=mtr

Look at the 3rd picture.

I originally bought a set of those in red (high heat). I think the guy makes the sets. The wire is MSD, but not the boot or plug at the coil. I threw a misfire DTC. Changed to real MSD's, no more code. Coulda been the luck of the draw but for another $12 you get a set made by MSD.

I also added fiberglass sock things at the headers. The annoying brown spot in the photo is the skin from an almond. I can eat enough of them and get almond crumbs on stuff, sorry.

post-28933-0-08182300-1432421621_thumb.jpg

Edited by str8pipez

I have been looking at the MSD wires online and saw there were 2 boots. According to the ebay ad, black boots are regular and red boots are hi temp? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSD-Ignition-32819-32813-spark-plug-wire-set-LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7-LS9-/151012469582?hash=item23290b6b4e&vxp=mtr

Look at the 3rd picture.

If you want to try my old set with like 3 miles on them I'll sell them for $25.

Yeah thanks for those. My problem is one of the metal boots keeps pushing off spark plug 5 and it starts running like crap. And I have another wire that the insulation is split on, so since I need to replace them, I may as well try to get better ones. Are you going to track night on the 3rd?

• 2 weeks later...

I been using the stock ones from a vetre with an ls1. They have an angle to the boot that clips on the spark plug. They dont hit the headers.

Not that I don't believe you (but I don't :)), but are you sure you are not using the JCI headers which have smaller primaries?  I don't know of anyone who is using the JTRs and not having plugs touch the headers.

I have used the MSD high temp adjustable plugs (two on the driver side touch) along with the high temp fabric boots and they still failed after 2000 miles.  I've tried a few different sets of high temp plugs and the fabric boots without much success.

Finally, I picked up a set of the stock aluminum shrouds and am using the LS2 (?) GTO plug wires.  I've put around 8,000 miles on that setup without a single failure.  You do have to dent one of the shrouds though.