HybridZ

Series One (69-early 71) 240z parts needed and misc

superduner

I am located in San Diego, California.

Just picked up an amazingly clean and taken care of 1970 complete shell. Long story short it came with almost nothing for the Interior but wiring harness. In addition the hatch somehow flew off as the previous owner transported it. So I bought it as is.

Currently in search of cosmetics for it.

- Series One hatch (with vents and vertical defrosting lines)

- VENTED 76-78 280z hood (with vents attached)

- set of tail lights (with bulbs & pigtails if possible)

- dashboard

- center console

- ZG flares

In addition to the previous short list. I realized after further inspection and cleaning that the cars suspension and underbelly was pieced together and held mostly by steel zip ties basically just enough to load on to the flat bed and transportation but overall it's missing a ton of various bolts. So basically if someone has a spare bucket full of datsun bolts and nuts that are for these cars that Include but not limited to (Control arms, tie rods, corner lights, fenders, bumpers, spindles, interior misc) they're willing to part with please do contact me as I made the mistake of leaving my huge huge protein bottle full of Z bolts and nuts on my last sold car. #EpicFail.

post-2009-0-62761700-1433308138_thumb.jpgpost-2009-0-07191800-1433308310_thumb.pngpost-2009-0-30488000-1433308174_thumb.jpg

I have a series I dash and hatch I would be willing to let go of if you're interested. I'm in San Jose, and not willing to ship those two as they are fairly heavy. Let me know and we can go from there. I should have a center console as well. 

Here is where your car was mentioned.

Johnc old car.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/122464-rusty-old-datsun-shell/

ritrebor

Haha sweet! Small world indeed. Looked up some of the cars history pics. Seems like I'll have to have a more in dept look for possible cracks in metal and what not. I'm hoping whomever weld in the roll cage also repaired the cracks as it was a nice weld job. If not, I'll definitely have to take it to a fab shop and have them work on and reinforce the body. Not planning on tracking it or dragging it what so ever but better be safe than sorry right?

The roll bar is 4130 steel 1.5" OD x .083" wall.  Its plenty strong and welded in correctly by a guy named Dave Kent back in 1994.  He built the Daytona IMSA race winning RX7s in the early 1980s.

Here are some pics of the car back when I raced it:  http://forums.hybridz.org/gallery/album/624-rod/

There are also some pics of the fab work done on it here:  http://forums.hybridz.org/gallery/album/470-fabrication/

Very nice! Thank you for the background info on it. Definitely seem like it showed it's owner(s) a good time and vice versa. Car was in my own personal opinion,immaculate for the year. Haven't really dug deep into the belly of the beast to check for frame damage or cracks as you mentioned but being owned by someone who worked or knew fab work I can't imagine itl need further body reinforcement. By any chance will you happen to have any pictures of the strut bars or what kind went on from the strut pillar to the hood latch firewall area?

I'll be swapping a 2JZ-GTE and 6 speed on her and make her a fun reliable weekend street car.

Your thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...