HybridZ

240sx suspension swap kit interest?

The main problem with grafting a S14 rear suspension onto a 280ZX is height, unless there is a fair bit of work done to allow the S14 sub frame to go higher than it wants to go then the rear rides too high. It's one thing to bolt it in, it's another to spend the time to make sure you end up with an improvement and not just bragging rights.

And your control arms are at a negative angle, which is not how the suspension was designed to run. Like 260DET said, getting it on and functional and having a grafted suspension that's in its proper ride height range are two very different things.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm talking ride height with the suspension arms at the correct OE angles eg LCA should angle down towards the outside at ride height. Pic shows my race two seater's suspension at full droop but at ride height the LCA's (gold colour in the pic) still angle down.

post-185-0-32556600-1478845894_thumb.jpg

Edited by 260DET

So am I. Not sure who to You answered, but I´m still intrested noilans´s setup with proper coils. Just went to carage and take picture my (cars) ass, and it looked like this. I have ground clearance 13cm i.e 5in.

Well it´s S30, but principle is the same.

post-3341-0-73717200-1478856407_thumb.jpg

I would love to see more detailed pictures of this rear end in the 280zx as this is what I'm preparing to do very soon (want a rotisserie first), I have an R32 gtr rear subframe, my main reason for doing this is to widen the overall track of the rear wheels without the use of large wheel spacers (spacers over 25mm are illegal for rad use here) it also allows me to upgrade the rear brake calipers with having the separate handbrake. 

• 2 years later...

Reviving a dead thread because at last the S14 rear suspension cradle will be raised both by modifying the cradle's rear two attachment points and the chassis. Not going to be a simple job so if anyone else has done this please chime in with pics.