HybridZ

Do I need to worry about torquing or bending my 280z chassis?

So I like to slide around in the rain, and corner fast. Do I need to worry about damaging my frame? I just wanted to be sure cause sometimes when I'll come out of a drift kinda rough and end up fish tailing it. It just seems like that could damage something and I just wanted to see what some experts think so I don't end up ruining my car. Is there anything that could strengthen the frame also so my hooning wont cause damage? My 280z is pretty much stock except for wheels and lowering springs. 

Edited by Hoffmann Photography

These cars were never designed for spirited driving or to have any serious fun in them. I believe the Envoy Epic has superior chassis rigidity. I'd get your chassis boxed and get triangulated strut bars installed soon ;)

Now that you've read my clever prose and absorbed my emoticon's hidden meaning, I trust you see the folly in your initial question. About the only structure damage you are likely to cause is if the unibody is currently badly comprimised with rust. But that's never the case with a Datsun, is it?

Edited by z240

I think he did hit something hard enough to damage the oil filter( dang, you editted it-nobody will get my joke)! That'll teach ya not to use a filter without an anti-drainback valve! Man, that is one broken Z car, but that's the reality of getting sideways. At some point all fun things come to an end. The night after I put up my post about killing somebody's little girl, it happened here in my hometown. Somebody left a party and decided to lay rubber leaving the get-together: rolled the car and ejected a toddler-killed her immediately. Please don't do that stuff in my neighborhood. Now, at the track-sign your waver and go crazy!

Edited by RebekahsZ

Totalled my first Z sliding around in the rain as well. Ofcourse I was also piss drunk, driving 2 blocks to get a pack of smokes. I've learned alot in 28 years. No more smoking for me.

I would have hoped the lesson learned would have been to not drive piss drunk, not to stop smoking. :P