HybridZ

Megasquirt not synced but wiring appears correct. Ideas?

danigrrlz

Hi everyone, I have a L28E in the car right now with a 1983 turbo distributor swapped in.  I am using Tuner Studio 2.6.14 with my MS2 3.57 along with 25W resistors for each injector and the relay board. 

I started with the MS2 example that was included with tunerstudio and changed the sensor values to what was on the diy website (which were gm sensors but do not match the values when you pull the drop down and select the GM sensor within Tuner Studio.

When connecting to Tunerstudio, it says Not Synced but when I crank the motor over, it shows 300 RPMS.

Can someone take a look at my file and tell me what needs to be fixed?  I tried the maps in here but they had 30+ errors trying to transfer into my tunerstudio.  Also, what kPa should the MAP sensor be reading when the car is off?  Mine stays at 100 and then drops to 80 when cranking.  Do I need to have the engine at 50 degrees BTDC for the first start or should it not matter since the 280zx turbo dizzy optical wheel tells Megasquirt when to fire?

Thanks!

(Won't let me upload my tune!  How do I fix this?)

Edited by danigrrlz

Zip your log file and MSQ and then you'll be able to upload it.

What the map sensor reads depends on your elevation and the weather, but around 95-105kpa is pretty normal. It will drop down while cranking due to engine vacuum. On a stock L28et, it should idle around 30-40kpa.

The fact that you're seeing a RPM signal is a good sign though.

Hi everyone, I have a L28E in the car right now with a 1983 turbo distributor swapped in.  I am using Tuner Studio 2.6.14 with my MS2 3.57 along with 25W resistors for each injector and the relay board. 

I started with the MS2 example that was included with tunerstudio and changed the sensor values to what was on the diy website (which were gm sensors but do not match the values when you pull the drop down and select the GM sensor within Tuner Studio.

When connecting to Tunerstudio, it says Not Synced but when I crank the motor over, it shows 300 RPMS.

Can someone take a look at my file and tell me what needs to be fixed?  I tried the maps in here but they had 30+ errors trying to transfer into my tunerstudio.  Also, what kPa should the MAP sensor be reading when the car is off?  Mine stays at 100 and then drops to 80 when cranking.  Do I need to have the engine at 50 degrees BTDC for the first start or should it not matter since the 280zx turbo dizzy optical wheel tells Megasquirt when to fire?

Thanks!

(Won't let me upload my tune!  How do I fix this?)

There are literally hundreds of things that could be preventing your car from starting.  Have you checked the basics?  Fuel, Spark and air?  If you know you are getting all three, then need to dive deeper and make sure they are timed properly and of sufficient quantity.  

To get any help from anyone else you need to include more info.  

What injectors? 

Batch fire?  Sequential?  Semi sequential?

Are you using the distributor for spark or have you converted to multiple coils?

What trigger wheel are you using?

Are you certain you have your dizzy signal wires hooked up properly?  Include a composite log

Include every little piece of information you can.  

As for MAP, it's going to read around 100 when the car isn't running because that is about what atmospheric is.  When running, mine drops to about 25 kpa (which is somewhere around 22" of vacuum) but I'm not sure what it is when just being turned over by the starter.

• 2 weeks later...