HybridZ

WTB set of steelies.

XplosiveLugnut

I'm looking for the cheapest way to get a "good" (you know... not out of round and such) set of wheels. I figure a set of steelies would be my best bet. I have one already (the spare), so I only really need three but would prefer four. I also don't need tires, mine are very fresh.

I have a "set" of 4 slotted mags. (Only 2 of them appear to be identical) Aesthetically, I think they're awesome. Mechanically, they kinda suck. One of them is out of round, so I'm using my one steely.

IMG_20150703_125317609_zpscb61cjfr.jpg

I'd like them to match it. They're all the same right? A set of four that match each other is fine too.

If anything will be a deal breaker here, it'll probably be shipping. I have no idea what it costs to ship three or four of these things. I'm in north Alabama. I'd be willing to drive a few hours to pick 'em up if I get that lucky.

Thanks for viewing!

Edited by XplosiveLugnut

post-307-0-99725200-1436028761_thumb.jpg

I have two original "steelies" that I have no use for any longer. They have winter tires mounted, and are hanging in my garage. I used them in the late '70's when my 240Z was a semi daily driver.

I live north of Pittsburgh, and have no need of them at all---you may have them for free, but I don't know what shipping cost would be.

--John G

Those look like they're in great shape!

This Saturday I'm going to take RebekahsZ's advice and try my local Z yard, I hadn't thought of checking the spare wheel wells.

If I can only find one or two, I'll definitely have yours shipped down here. If I find at least three (miracle?), I guess I'll be good to go.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...