HybridZ

Grounding Wiring Organizing

98blackbell

Now that we are putting the motor back in, want to make it cleaner routing wiring etc.

How and where have you run your grounds to? I had most of ours run to the top tranny engine bolt. That was about 10 grounds.

Setup is MS3PRO.

This build blog is under tooquick260.

post-41758-0-17545100-1436030336_thumb.jpg

Edited by 98blackbell

What i did and i copied another members idea. Get yourself a grounding block from Home depot or Lowes. Mount it, Then run all your M..S. sensor grounds, a large battery ground wire to the grounding block, and another large ground wire from the engine to the grounding block. I also ran another large ground wire from the engine to a frame rail. I mounted the grounding block, so you can only see it if you open the drivers side inspection lid.  Ends up being really clean looking. Never had any reset issues.

What i did and i copied another members idea. Get yourself a grounding block from Home depot or Lowes. Mount it, Then run all your M..S. sensor grounds, a large battery ground wire to the grounding block, and another large ground wire from the engine to the grounding block. I also ran another large ground wire from the engine to a frame rail. I mounted the grounding block, so you can only see it if you open the drivers side inspection lid.  Ends up being really clean looking. Never had any reset issues.

Would you mind posting a picture or a link to the product you used?  This is something I have been considering doing but wasn't sure how I wanted to do it.  Right now I have a ton of stuff running to a single ground point and it is a pain if I need to remove one.  

If you have any high voltage grounds like LS1 coils have, then ground them as short as possible to the engine.  Don't run those ground wires back through the harness next to other wiring or you will get noise coupled into sensors.