HybridZ

Megasquirt with no O2 sensor? Other questions as well

dpuma8

Hi everyone,

I got Megasquirt to fire up a little but it won't stay alive for more than 15 seconds so I was hoping to get some guidance on how to get this idling well.  Here are my questions regarding my car.

L28E, Megasquirt 2 with TunerStudio 2.6.14, 240SX TPS, 280ZX Turbo distributor

1) My valve cover breather no longer connects to anything.  Does this create a vacuum problem when running the car?  I can't seem to get a definitive answer if it does or not with a FI car.

2) I do not have an O2 sensor installed in my car yet.  Can I still get a decent idle without one for the time being?

3) When testing Injector channel 1 In Tunerstudio, it sounded like the 4,5,6 injectors were buzzing and not the front ones.  If these are connected wrongly, does it matter with batch fuel injection?

4) My alternator is not wired up so I took a charged battery and attempted to test for spark.  The spark plug would make snap sounds but I didn't see spark really.  When I grabbed the spark plug wire, my fingers would get zapped a little and then I would see the spark plug fire strong.  Or if I put the plug near the body of the car it would spark.  Is this okay?

(Why am I getting "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file".  How do I fix this?

Edited by dpuma8

1. if the non valve cover end of the hose goes to the intake air boot, that needs to be plugged. the valve cover port being open is ok.

2. Yes, not having an O2 sensor installed is ok. But het yourself a wideband setup.

3, You need to find out if that bank of unjectors are working or not.

4. Yes the spark plug needs to be close to a ground so the spark jumps. Or a screwdriver in the end of the wire will do the same thing.

You need to look at the megasquirt map sharing sticky... Find a map that matches your engine and injectors. view and see if yours is close to one of those... Check the injector pulse width settings and percentage. Try increasing the percentage numbers and see if the engine will run longer.. Cignus1 or Cignus has a youtube video that may help you out also.. he has a turbo zxt...