HybridZ

Fuel pressure guage ?

timsz

I have the fuel rail and pressure guage in the pics. If I get a pressure guage adapter, the one you just screw the pressure guage into. The adapter also has an inlet and outlet for fuel lines. In able to get an optimal fuel pressure reading, where would you put the guage? Wouldn't it make sense to place it right before fuel rail? Before going into carbs. You wouldn't put it after the rail would you? The return line after going into carbs. I have a fuel pressure regulator in the appropriate spot. Holley UB12 or something like that. I also have an electric fuel pump fueling triple Mikunis. Any info? Thank you very much.

post-10089-0-50758200-1437350303_thumb.jpg

post-10089-0-32965700-1437350346_thumb.jpg

Anywhere between the fuel filter (a sizable pressure drop from the pump pressure) and the carbs would be fine.  You want the gauge to show the pressure that the carbs see.  That's what you're trying to monitor and control.  Carburetor fuel bowl pressure.

It depends how you have your fuel pressure regulator plumbed.

Regardless, though, you should be able to install the gauge immediately before or after that fuel rail. Other places may or may not work depending or regulator placement/plumbing.