HybridZ

Todd Walrich of Wolf Creek Racing Has Passed Away

johnc

I was just about to order some jets. Damn, now I don't know if I have the heart to. I remember a couple of years ago calling him up and navigating through the minefield of questions he threw at me (determining what jets he should sell me based on the engine I was getting ready to build). Went over my displacement, compression ratio, what Mikuni size I had, etc. When he asked what cam I was using, I blurted out that I was thinking about using "an Isky Stage III 490 grind.", since I hadn't really decided yet and it was the only one I could conjure up.

"I don't know what the hell that means!!!", was the annoyed reply from the other end of the line. Racking my brain for the approximate duration & lift numbers got me back into the green zone. Todd had plenty of knowledge to dispense regarding the subject of Mikuni carbs, but you had to pass some of the checkpoints yourself. It was refreshing to have someone yank the info out of you to sell you the right thing, rather than what you thought you needed or wanted at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for finding out so late but it was a complete shocker to hear about this. I still have a hard time believing this honestly. RIP my good ol friend... you will be missed.

Anyone knows if anyone is going to take over his business and continue selling mikuni products and other services he provided?