HybridZ

240Z interior fit into a 280Z. Just confirmation needed

ferrariowner123

Hey all,

Looking just for some confirmation in my research. I have a 77 280, had the original vinyl found on the rear shock towers. I ripped that out for dynamat and becuase it was in rough shape. I really like the look of the diamond pattern found on the shock tours and floor pan sidewalls in the 240Z's. So much so, I want it in my Z.

I found this very informative post from BRAAP, that indicates there isn't anything too crazy that changed from the 240Z to 280Z that would prevent these from fitting.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/57506-240z-260z-or-280z-chassisbody-differences/

I know things like the Trans tunnel changed (already pounded that out to make room for seats) but is there anything that would prevent me from installing the diamond pattern shock tower covers and floor pan sidewall pieces from fitting? And if they can fit, will they still fit (albeit a bit snug) with dynamat between the vinyl and the tower itself?

Thanks guys, hope this is any easy one.

-Kyle

I know the shock tower cover from the 77 doesn't fit correctly on 240z. It's to bulky. 240z might work going on the 280z.I'd try and get a hold of some cheap if you can't find some to borrow and try test fitting. Tire wells will work. And you can make the piece under the qtr windows work. If I remember correctly the holes that catch the pins are a little off.

Edited by 88dangerdan