HybridZ

Electronic Boost Control Setup (pin conflict)

LiquidCMR

Hi All,

I have MegaSquirt-II Programmable EFI System PCB3.57 with the 37 PIN connector installed in my '82 280ZXT engine with bigger injectors and inter-cooler.     Been running this for a year with manual boost controller set to 12 PSI.   All along I've had the EBC that I bought with the kit sitting in a drawer. Last night I finally decided to replace the MBC with EBC....and guess what?   I ran into some issues that I'm hoping you folks can help me with.

I used the Fidle wire (pin #30) along with a Switch power 12V wire to connect the EBC.  I also plumbed in the EBC vacuum lines (simply replacing the old MBC).   So far so good.

I then set my Boost Control Pin to "Fidle" (see attached image).   Problem is that when I try to burn this to the ECU it says I have pin conflict.  I don't know where this "conflict" is, so for now I have it set to JS11 (I don't know what JS11 is or the PIN#...if any of you know the wire for this, I can certainly change my wiring around).    

Attached is my current tune (with it set to JS11 since it won't run/save with Fidle) along with datalog from this morning.

Any assistance in setting up EBC is appreciated.   I'm sure I have other settings wrong so please, don't hold back with suggestions.

Thank you,

Liquid

post-39492-0-28657800-1440687057_thumb.jpg

2015-08-27_08.26.47.zip

CurrentTune_Liquid_8_27_15.zip

UPDATE:  For whatever reason, when I tried to save the tune using FIDLE for boost control over the weekend, it saved fine!  No idea why it gave me conflicts in my earlier attempts.  

My latest issue is that the EBC I purchased back 2012 from DIY does not seem to work.   I first ran the car at 10% duty and slowly increased all the way to 60% and my boost never rose above the stock 7psi.  I then put TS in test mode and turned Fidle on/off and could not rear the solenoid make any noise. When using my multi-meter I see the expected results....so started thinking the EBC solenoid was dead.  As a final test, I hooked it up directly to the battery and kept touching the ground on/off and could never hear of feel anything.   Safe assumption this thing is DOA?    I ordered another one that should arrive later this week.  I'll start a new post if I continue to have issues.   Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Matt,  Thanks for the suggestion.  For now, I have the new EBC in and working...well, sort of working.    I noticed when my electric fan comes on, the EBC gets flakey....even after I wired the EBC directly to the + post for test drive.     Time for me to get serious about correcting some of my "temporary" electrical connections.    I assume the EBC should go to a dedicated Relay triggered On with switch power, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Matt.   I cleaned up some of the connections and have the EBC on a Relay with some of the other MS sensors.   First couple of trips it worked as expected...I changed the Duty cycle and the boost level changed accordingly.   Last couple of times out I notice the max boost, which I thought I had pretty stable at 12 psi, is moving around a little.   Reading the Forums, I see I'm not alone with my Open Loop boost wonder issue.  I may try Closed Loop.  What do you use?