HybridZ
Ben280

280z FP Build

Brake pads are very sensitive to the designed temperature range.  And the temperature your brakes generate is dependent on many things obviously, but rotor/caliper combination is the hardest to predict.  For AutoX I have seen some guys running some really lightweight stuff to reduce unsprung weight. I will assume they run a higher temp pad for this.  But still you need something that develops close to max friction when cold. For track, cold temps are not an issue after 1\2 a lap. But finding the right temp match to pad is not easy if you are running aftermarket or custom setups. I recommend using a temp paint on the rotor to see where you are at and then choosing a pad compound to match. Then you can play with different suppliers to fine tune over time, but it shouldn't affect your times drastically.  

Back to the DTC-30's this weekend and I was happy again. MUCH more affirmative brake feel compared to the HPS pad. A little brake drag on the way to the line and they were good to go. Got some more big upgrades planned, so doing some brake temp paint/strips is a good plan. 

This weekend was the SCCA National Tour stop at Packwood. Probably the last major event I'll go to this year, which is a real disappointment as we were planning to make a few trips to California, as well as Lincoln for the big show. Oh well. Car did well, by Sunday I had knocked off most of the rust from sitting around all year and a few of the bad habits learned at the track. Saturday was a mess and my mental state meant wasn't up to par, so I finished down in 6th for the weekend. Hope y'all enjoy this video from Sunday!