HybridZ

'83 ZXT Mysterious (Fuel?) Issue

Connor280ZX

This plus the latest supports the fuel pump proposition.  I was just looking for a solid case.  But.  It could also be a clogged filter, hindering flow from the pump.  That would be cheaper.  Anyway, it seems like a supply problem.  At least you're down to two possible items to check.  Assuming it's not something in the tank.

Alright, I've just gone through the whole fuel system, and to find that the insert filter in the pump inlet is mostly clean besides a few deposits on the end, and that the pickup screen from the tank is clear from any blockage. Even cleaned off the sender connections a bit, and now my fuel gauge works. I'm going to pull the trigger and get a Walboro type 255 series pump.

pull the fuel pump and check the mesh filter on the inlet side.    If the car was sitting for any amount of time it could be clogged.

Your pressures are normal for idle and free revving. 

pressure should instantly shoot up to 55+ if you pinch the return line. 

If your connectors are loose I say go buy the full connector kit from fricfrac and replace everything on the harness !!!

Edited by stupid_fast