HybridZ

Stumped by engine bogging.....1976 280z coupe

I can't seem to figure out what is causing my car to bog, it starts out driving great then a short time later it starts hesitating stalling and fading out.

Things I did after having it looked at by a mechanic:

Fuel pump, used one so hopefully I did not get a bad one.

Fuel Pressure Regulator, this was a new part.

Things I have tried thinking it may help:

Fuel filter

Water Temperature Sensor

changed 3  fuel injectors to new ones, had a difficult time removing the old ones to help get the fuel rail off when doing FPR. I had them so I said why not use them.

Anyone had a similar issue and solved it? I was thinking I may just install an aftermarket fuel pump. Is the fuel dampener required if I do?

Edited by lorenzo

I can't seem to figure out what is causing my car to bog, it starts out driving great then a short time later it starts hesitating stalling and fading out.

Does this mean it runs well cold, then runs poorly after it warms up?  There's no time-frame to work with, besides "starts out driving" and "then a short time later".

Does this mean it runs well cold, then runs poorly after it warms up?  There's no time-frame to work with, besides "starts out driving" and "then a short time later".

Yes It drives well for about 5 minutes then it starts acting up, like it is starving for fuel. That is why I changed the Water Temperature Sensor, I thought that was the culprit. Changed the Temperature gauge sensor too while I had the fluids out of the rad.

Have you measured resistance of the coolant temperature sensor circuit at the ECU connector and compared it to the chart?  How do you know the new one is even connected to anything?

I will try this when I get the chance. Another thing I noticed is when I open my gas cap there seems to be little if any pressure released, I remember it would usually pop and exhale a lot of air when I would open it before.

Pull your plugs and see if they have a clean burn pattern on them or if maybe they are running rich - black and kind of wet looking.

I tried this only one had a bit of darkness the others were clean and dry looking. I am wondering if there is a problem with my carbon canister, or spark plug wires, I will check their resistance tomorrow.

Edited by lorenzo

Okay something new, I checked the wires and resistance is good on all 6 wires. When I start the car and leave it idling and revving there is no bogging whatsoever, even left it for about 30 minutes. This tells me it is not temperature related. It is only when I start driving the car that the bogging starts, could this be a problem with the AFM? Possibly the flap?