HybridZ

Just Dashes Company

GeeZ

I am considering sending my cracked dash to this company in Van Nuys. CA. I read some threads, but I can't find anyone that has actually

used them. But the company indicates on their website that they repair them..  Can some "fess" up?

Really in a hurry.

Thanks.

Thanks ihiru.

I had a cover on my LS1 280Z, but the entire dash is split and missing big chunks underneath. The problems with the covers is that it is made to fit an exact dash, but when a dash

cracks it becomes deformed and cracked dash (espicially like mine) no long fit well.

But still, according to Just Dashes they get lots of orders for the Z.  If that is the case, wondering why no one here has used them. They say they get more from Texas than

anywhere else!

They sound expensive but, after watching their video, they do a really thorough rebuild on the dash. I notice that they can also repair and rebuild gauges and rechrome plastic trim parts.  Sounds like they have a lot to offer to the Z community. 

Googling Just Dashes Reviews indicates they have extremely positive customer feedback.

Depends on what people are going for. I can understand that expense if you are attempting to do a ground up resto, or have money to blow. I'd rather attempt at filling and sealing myself ebfore I spend that kind of money. But the rest of my car is stripped to the bone, so The dash being a little imperfect is the last of my issues. 

I value quality and workmanship over saving a few dollars.  I am all for life experiences but if I have to use my time up on something there has to be a pay-off.  My fabrication skills have a tendency to not be anywhere near to my standards I require so I see the benefit in sending a piece like the dash off to get done professionally.  The dash in these cars is a focal point and I would want to make sure it is spot on.

Mr. GeeZ has the right idea.....

https://hyllest.wordpress.com/2014/02/25/240z-dash-restoration/

Here are some ideas/options

-fill the gaps yourself and place a dash cover on it(they sell kits to fill dash cracks/holes)

-restore the dash yourself like that gangster of a guy did in the link I provided

-fill the gaps, and just flock the dash(actually comes out nice)

-spend 2k and buy a already restored dash, or send yours out

-or just build a custom dash(what I did, kinda wanted a double din radio anyways)

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/105742-slammed260z-from-holland/

some pics of his flocked dash, maybe two or three posts down

Edited by evoog