HybridZ

Coefficient of drag for 240Z???

Guest Zachb55

Guest 240hybrid

It would be nice if someone had access to a windtunnel and could see what worked the best at disturbing the air flow thats creating the lift over the rear end. Louvers seems like it would disrupt the air enough to eleminate some lift on the car, but how do you know for sure :confused: how well of a job/help their doing? As far as downforce on he rear end the BRE style spoiler looks to be the best.

I guess if I could rig up some type of suspension height sensor right on the struts that could be viewed while driving. A ruler and a video camera? That way you could drive at steady speeds and measure the change in suspension travel to determine lift or downforce. Would be a good testbed for different spoilers/air dams.

Guest Carlissimo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by auxiliary:

Unfortunately, that doesn't cure the problem. The lift and drag still exist, and the Z in stock form will still suffer no matter what power plant is in it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless you are trying to take turn 8 at Willow Springs flat out in 5th gear, I don't think you need to worry about lift. As far as drag is concerned, my car pulls strong thru 160+ MPH...even suffering with all that drag.

Ever heard of the X10 cam that you see advertised on the web?.. well I bought one... Works pretty good to!!

Anyways, I found that it runs on 12volt, and I was able to wire it to me inputs on my camcorder (RCA type), and wired on a cig lighter adapter on the camera, and wala! I have a very small camera with full colour and sound with 25ft of cable!!! My buddies and I are going to mount it on my airdam, and maybe out behind the car, and do some trick shots on the racetrack etc. Wouldn't be too hard to mount it to the rear control arms.. just like in the Nascar!.. small enough (golfball size) to hold in your hand, and put on on the dash to do driver shots etc... a camera like this would work perfect for this kind of stuff.. only $80, and keeps your camcorder safe in the car.