HybridZ

240z Aftermarket AC Kits vs OEM

Dat73z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVmc9SGwGR4

with it running! mind you I still don't have a center vent and not sure what I'm going to do about that yet.

Greghassen: absolutely correct!!! once It's finished I'll be taking it apart and making sure all is nice and cable maintenced up and silicon that so no leaks as well as close up my original outside vent.

Do not use clear silicon on metal painted surfaces! Use adhesive caulk or some other sealer that is paint friendly. Bad place for screwing, make sure you use stainless hardware and seal it well, that's already a problem spot in a lot of early Zs I have seen around the southeast. It would be better to use one of the screws in the cabin nissan already has in place. They did that so as not to have a hole in the bottom of the sump. Not trying to bust your balls, but would hate to see you have to pull all that out a year or so down the road because its leaking and or rusting out.

Edited by socorob

I had a 280 so what I did was take the front parts with the vents, glued with heavy body abs glue a piece of flat abs on the back. The center outlet on vintage air is 3" I think. I need a 45 bend so I went to Lowe's plumbing section and got a 45 abs plumbing elbow that had a 3" OD. Drilled a 3" hole in the flat piece I put on the back where I needed it to be so the hose was as straight as possible, and glued the elbow over the hole.tons of air goes thru it.

I ordered this for the center vent..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141784001294?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

we'll see how well it works. Socorob, as for the screws, I agree they are all Stainless steel and I will be using a sealing caulk. I do remember reading years back on having silicon on the paint and it destroying it. Once she's ready for a final assembly I will use some rubber washers as well as some sealing caulk on both sides.