HybridZ

Still have a fuel pressure problem..

....Mounted everything up this week and got the fuel dialed in but now when I start the motor the pressure runs at 9psi until the car gets warmed up... Seems like the pump is spyking or something...brand new BG regulator, which makes me wonder whats wrong... After about 5 minutes the regulator shows pressure in the 6.5-7psi range, doesn't fluxuate, but doesn't make sense to me either. Ideas???

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest RON JONES

Mike, as long as its maintaining steady presure you should be ok.I have heard about heat changeing the reading on the gauge.I allways set mine at 7lbs cold,and never have a problem.

Ron,

I'll give it a try at 7psi. I'm also gonna route my fuel line at the rear a little different. Noticed that the pump is running louder with the new setup and that ain't good. So I'll be under the car tomorrow sorting that one out.

Mike

------------------

mjk

Mike, what kind of switch do you have on the fuel pump circuit? I've heard that some of the cheaper rocker switches can get into an internal resonance under road and/or drivetrain-induced excitation and the amperage capability goes to a small fraction of the rated capacity when that happens.

I'd try bypassing the switch for a test ride to see if that was it. Wish I could be a passenger!

Pete

Pete,

My switch panel is a Moroso cage mounted panel with a 30amp fuse in line. I'm not sure if there is a problem there or not. I am considering a fuel pump relay and harness from painless wiring. Comes with a circuit breaker which is nice to have.... I didn't notice this until I re-routed my fuel line. I'm gonna play with it this evening.

BTW, blue smoke is starting to clear up....

Mike

------------------

mjk