HybridZ

Project Rex Killer, 240z LS3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my cert today Went easier than I was stressing about! I thought for sure they would inspect my back half connections and my subframe connectors They really just checked for complete welds at the roof line and good visual Inspection along with ultrasounding all the bars. They commented more than once that the cage was really nice and the welding was superb. I understood what they meant after looking at other cars!

IMG_3988_zpsdlljepbl.jpg

I don't mind the turbo sticking out the hood a little on this car. My other driver is a total sleeper and have surprised quite a few mustangs and vettes with it. This one was all about the drag race, and me wanting specific things in specific spots, and it worked out the best to poke the turbo out. It seems that my engine bay filled up fast compared to other builds Ive seen

Car fired up tonight Tune is off for sure from the all motor tune it had! Got about 1 min run time right now, going to change the oil tomorrow and get it up to temp and load the motor on the trans brake a little I'll then change the oil out for the joe Gibbs I have for it and work on the tune more

Had some rewiring todo this morning. Seems the boost solenoid and internal pull-up Hall effect sensor I use for front vss was keeping the relay panel on. So moved to the ignition switch and all is good now. Working on getting th oil changed and a wee bit more tranny fluid in it

Thanks. It sounds really good in the garage, deep v8 sound, not the snappy all motor I had before. Camshaft choice is huge

I really like how this motor idles, pretty smooth down to about 725rpm right now

Oils are all changed. Br30 and wix 51515 in it now

About a week of random things and I'll be driving this

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...