HybridZ

WTB: 4-5 speed Transmission

derekkg

I am looking for a transmission for my 71 240z in the greater upstate New York area, specifically Rochester. My trans has been stuck in 4th gear for nearly a month now, and I'd rather just swap it with a working on to get it back on the road as soon as possible. 

I'd rather not ship it, but I am willing to drive 4-5 hours to grab one, so if anyone knows of one for sale in New York, Pennsylvania, Northern Ohio, etc. that would be awesome

While a 5 speed would be prefered, anything will work.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 transmissions I need to sell. Sold my 240z early this summer. Bought a Porsche 928 and I have a bunch of Z parts I need to put up for sale soon to make some space.

One is a 240sx transmission that has been mated to a 280z front half / bell housing. Hasn't been used since the conversion was done. Bought from a member on here. It's supposed to be in good working condition. I have the early 240z driveshaft that is the correct length too. I'd sell it for $400 with driveshaft.

I also have a Nissan T5 transmission with the correct driveshaft for sale too. This came out of a good running/driving 280zxt that was parted out due to rot. I know the previous owner well that parts out a lot of rotten Z's. The top cover was removed to inspect the transmission. It seems to be in good shape, but I'm not an expert. Due to this having been opened up and will need a little assembly I'd let it go for $200 with driveshaft.

I'm in Jamestown, RI. Probably 5.5-6 hours from you.