HybridZ

How do I dispose of old fuel?

Guest Anonymous

Why heck ya just dump it out back.......

Of course Im kidding.... Quit looking at me like that, No really, I was kidding....

OK, I have had the same problem and what I have been doing when I get issues with bad gas... I run it in the lawn mower... that thing eats it all...water, no sweat, old and contaminated... Bring it on! Of course, 10 gallons is a lot, so I won't be buying any for the rest of the years!

Other than that, I honestly couldn't tell you. Contact your county and ask if they have a Hazardous Waste disposal sight... Most do!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

My reply in the non-tech forum was non-tecnical! You made me check twice, I thought my computer wasn't going to the right forums! Mike is right about the enviromental people. Or, if it isn't varnish yet, buy a product called Sta-Bil, and use it as per Mike's suggestion in lawn mowers snow blowers etc.

I had the same problem when I bought my Z believe it or not, no one takes old gas. So I left it in a gas container and used it on my mower. Then some of it evaporated because I left the cap off and some of it I ran with some fuel additives that someone gave me that I did not trust( no name Amway crap). So I used all that additive in the lawn mower and my weed eater. It ran ok the rest of the gas is still sitting in the container evaporating.