HybridZ

JAWZ240Z LSTT S30

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude ... What happened to the pic of the welds?

Idk lol I edited that post like 3 times, I'm guessing it didn't save the last time? I'll repost it from my phone later. Buying a TIG so I can do cooler things. lol

Just added you on FB btw.

R230... not worth the time/money.. I have a buddy with CNC Access.. after looking at another swap, Explorer 8.8 it is. The gear selection alone is worth it.

8.8 definitely looks like the best money spent for available gear selection and strength. Have you seen Will's kit in the vendor area? Curious to see what you come up with if you build your own kit. Here's a link to Will's if you haven't seen it.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/117668-the-ultimate-irs-swap-for-s30s/#

My reply didn't show..

I have seen his kit, attempting to buy pieces. I'll be making some components on my own. It's in the works, but not high on my current concern list. Ripping/replacing the driver rail, ordering some sheet, prepping the trunk for sealing of spare tire well, camaro gas tank hanging, trans tunnel work, then the rear.

I'm still going to collect parts as I come across them though. Currently needing to sell my Precision turbo lol

• 3 months later...

Well, I spent most of the last few months doing anything but working on the car.
Finally got back at it, did the drivers framerail, floor pan, bad-dog rail & now going to finish up the pan patch work for the areas meeting to the firewall. Sucks I had to cut some of the lower curve out, but its all good.

Engine & Trans are mock-bolted together and I'm hoping to get started on the motor mounts next week. Trans crosmember is going to be a different animal, but I think I can make that one myself also.

Since Fritts is currently out of the explorer diff game, that will be a me-fab too. I saw on facebook this week a different style mount which incorperated the mustache bar in with the mount to the dog-legs and it was all in one. Seems simple enough. Will be working on that in the coming weeks. I spent a lot of time OFF the car, so now I'm back in full swing gear to get it done. Essentially that the pans are done, the interior is"done" for mods other than the 4pt which I can still have the dash installed for.

I've decided to go with custom seat mounts so that is adjustable to my liking as well. Photos will come as I get a chance this week, possibly tonight.

Engine updates: Short block is assembled, just needing a few parts to get the cam installed, and covers on.. then to pick new heads, and it'll be done.

Lastly, suspension is still in the air, but definitely going with a fully adjusatble double wisbone setup and some sort of tubular crosmember. S10 hubs and a mustang II rack will finish me off for the front end and hope I can find room for all my accessories!