HybridZ

3.0 liter strokers

I have recently found a online store called California Datsun, and they have a 3.0 liter stroker long block engine for a 240z. It looks the same as the Rebello engine. I am wondering if it is the same because unlike Rebello, California Datsun does not have horsepower ratings. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

California Datsun: https://www.californiadatsun.com/long-block-short-block-engines/3-0-liter-stroker-long-block-engine.html

Rebello Racing: http://www.rebelloracing.com/enginebuild.htm

Edited by samuel082799

California Datsun product will be far from a Rebello product, in quality and power.  The company used to be called Datsun Parts LLC.  Search the web for Datsun Parts LLC.  Beware.

And Rebello's 3.0 will certainly cost much, much more than the California Datsun engine.  If CD's price is in your range be prepared for a shock when you talk to Rebello.  They are in two completely separate universes.

California Datsun is a rebranded datsun parts LLC. They have screwed many members here.

A true rebello will be about $10k depending what you have done to the head, and what you're actually supplying to Rebello and using for induction. 

In the words of walter white, "it's grade school tee-ball vs. The New York Yankees. Yours is just some tepid... off-brand, generic cola. What I'm making is classic Coke"

Did you actually add up the cost of the "Options"? I stopped at $12,200 at the CD Site... 

It seems to me you are looking for "performance on a budget".

Please be advised that's an oxymoron. 

Like "Military Intelligence".... The two words are mutually exclusive.

They like acronyms.... All the services do....

Doesn't alleviate the incompetence  level, but it gives them an inside language so they think they are smarter than they really are.

I had a bud that went into "MI"....Army, specifically.

In High School, we called him "Ferret Face". Not the sharpest pencil on the blotter. He got along famously inside! Oh, excuse me.... "in the service"!

We digress...

You don't have to spend 10k at Rebello. If you already have your carbs taken care of a street 3.0 build will come in right around the 6k mark. I was quoted around 8,900 for a 3.2 with me providing the stroker crank and engine, this included carbs. Ofcourse you can spend more, like for a full race prep. Even the cheapest build from Rebello will likely surpass CA datsun's best. They have the worst reviews ever, guy sounds like a crook. Many members in my group have strong feelings of hate towards Al, and we are local. Can't imagine how hard he'd screw people that are paying for freight when it takes him 4 tries to get an engine right, guy won't even cover shipping when they screw up.

Edited by 1vicissitude

Gene Berg would always try to get customers to do their own assembly. Spent hours on support trying to get them confident to assemble their engine.

He would say "Engine Assembly is very simple, we will do the machine work, we will sell you good parts that fit,  and work. THAT is far more important long-term than who assembles it! No machine shop is going to send anybody out to the track or roadside to tear it apart and fix it when there is a problem! Best you put it together yourself, then you KNOW what is inside!"

Most auto machine shops can take care of your machine needs... The old L-series engine is like a cakewalk for machinists. My motor had all cylinders over-bored, all surfaces decked, full valve job and all new pistons for just under $500. Final assembly by me.

Just an FYI - CA Datsun/Datsun Parts does not build their own engines. They outsource it to a company called "R Rated Motorsports".

My first engine literally fell apart from Datsun Parts. Rockers kept flying off, springs worn. Block was not decked, lots of problems/short cuts. Sent same engine off to rebello to have rebuilt properly. Nothing like buying to engines within the same year! Do it right the first time and use a quality builder.