HybridZ

MS2 MSextra not firing up

Tedr03

Im beyond frustrated with trying to get my car started. I've done everything I can to try to get the car running, and nothing seems to work. Car ran fine on the MAF and OEM ECM, so timing is on the spot. I've been hitting the MSextra forums and I've got little help. Follow the link to catch up, I'll try anything at this point... Any help would be appreciated.

Link has setup

Logs and msq

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=60341

Edited by Tedr03

Skimming that thread and I don't see that you've ever verified your timing. You can't take any numbers from the internet without testing and verifying that they're correct. Disconnect the fuel injectors, lock the timing to 10 degrees in MS and then get a timing light to verify it's reading 10 degrees at the crank.

I can't get spark, I've verified wiring, continuity, 12v at the coils. The spark is random, making me thing the trigger signal is the cause. But I'm running shielded wiring, noise filtering and still no go. Does anyone know if there is a shop that specializes in megasquirt. I'm so frustrated at this point. I've been trying to get the car running for months. I even took it to a local shop that said they were "very familiar" with megasquirt only to pay 300 just for them to say they couldn't figure it out.

No expert, but if you break the system down in to its parts you might figure something out.  Yours has a CAS which produces a signal, an ECU which then uses that signal, to produce a spark.

I would confirm that you have a CAS signal first.  It looks from your other forum thread that you're not really sure how your CAS is wired, or what it's supposed to do.  It might show in your log files, but I didn't look through them.  Probably wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway.

I put three things in order here:

"DIY autotune 12-1 Trigger disk (83 distributor using CRANK output to trigger, no pullup resistor in line, I belive Matt wired it through TACout)"

ECU

BIP373s wired for Wasted Spark using Ford COP (Continuity checks out)

• 4 weeks later...

You've got to break it down and and test one thing at a time.

If you use test mode and test one coil at a time, do you get consistent spark? That will tell you if you need to look at the ignition side, or trigger side of things.  I unbolted the distributor and spun it with a drill to test my cam and crank trigger signals to check that side of things.