HybridZ

WTB - Body Cut from rear fender

JoeK

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a panel, but I can tell you what I did. I had some body rot like that, and a body guy told me about a place that does body repair with zinc. They media blast the area and then apply a thick zinc coating. The zinc will stop the rust and is easy to work with, at least that is what my body guy said. The place is called American Stripping, and they are in Sacramento, you can look them up online. Or you might find someone closer to you that does this kind of repair. Also, it was not that expensive, compared to cutting and welding, and then grinding, and all the time to make look right again. This is almost like zinc bondo. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

JoeK, 

I have this one from a 70 quarter I have had sitting around for a while. Being it is not the best quarter out there I would be willing to cut your request out of it and scrap the rest. There is a little rust and some bubbles but not all the way through. 

Just thought I would offer up an option for you.

I have a 74 260 as well and will post those pics next as another option. Again body is going to scrap so any parts I can save for other Z owners needs is a plus for me. 

post-48790-0-20575200-1460761650_thumb.jpg

post-48790-0-19578100-1460761666_thumb.jpg

post-48790-0-22340200-1460761678_thumb.jpg