HybridZ

1974 datsun 260z restomod

Rob L

Just some extra parts i plan on installing .....this is what its gonna look like once i get my bottom end sorted ...you get what i mean

image_zpsqxlc3mjl.jpeg

I bought these strut bars but have not decided if im gonna use them ...might eventually get some different ones that get installed properly by welding them to the shock towers ....thread about that somewhere on here....

image_zpsgy5ziqqs.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys

@SCM - you got dibs on them if I sell them lol ...a guy on OZC forum was selling them he made a set of 5 I think then stopped .

@softopz - I still haven't decided on what exact compression ratio I want to run with this turbo build yet ....the head I have is ready to go and just need to figure out what's the best combo for a 350-400hp street turbo L6 ...from what I read I can get it done pretty cheap but might want the nice forged goodies ...

As for the manifold ..I bought it with a turbo , down pipe , and a greddy wastegate for dirt cheap ...so even if it did hit the rack I could easily turn around and sell it for profit .

Edited by theatriks

Little gift from Santa came in the mail today.

Gonna get some super fine scotch brite on her first.

The grill is a beauty ...its bent in the middle with a good 25 degree bend . Nice weight to it too . I'm going to start by wet sanding and polishing it ...I want it to be mirror like .

image_zpshwlqry29.jpeg

Edited by theatriks

• 1 month later...

Little gift from Santa came in the mail today.

Gonna get some super fine scotch brite on her first.

The grill is a beauty ...its bent in the middle with a good 25 degree bend . Nice weight to it too . I'm going to start by wet sanding and polishing it ...I want it to be mirror like .

image_zpshwlqry29.jpeg

That grill is gorgeous I would keep the brushed look personally. 350-400hp is very doable without forged however, forged would be more dependable long term. Instead of forged spend the money on a good standalone. What are you running or going to be running for management? 

I might see what the grill looks like first brushed .....star road finally came through on the bumper deletes after 4 months, but I guess it takes time to get it perfect. At least now I can begin to bolt there kit up.

Well i was thinking to spend the money on a good stand alone and on forged pistons.... heck i might even get forged rods lol...i know i dont need them but i would love to have all the best stuff....I want to do this build right the first time .

Edited by theatriks

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread but I'm definitely following it now. I was considering getting the star road grill and bumper deletes as well. It looks so clean. Don't forget to post pictures!

How tight is the fit for the Bride Vios III and how difficult was the install? I'm trying to find the right sized bucket without having to shovel out too much money for some Recaro's. 

Also how is the ride on the T3 suspension and Wilwood setup?

Now that I think about it: you're tastes are very similar to mine!  :D

Btw, sick HKS/GReddy manifold  :2thumbs:

Hey s30bred ...thanks for your compliments ....Yes if your digging anything on these pages, chances are we do have the same taste lol.

The bride seats were a breeze to install....they won't save you money over recaros though ...authentic brides are the same price, if not more lol . After I ordered the correct bride rails....all that was left was a nice gentle massage with a sledge hammer on the driver side tunnel .....and then the seats fit right in and its as easy as the stock seats ...a bolt on each corner and voila....the ears do touch the door but ever so gently nothing to crazy.

T3 suspension is ..so far so good ..it takes any corner i throw at it and fast ...Now i only got a 2.6L in it now ....so once i do a motor swap with more power i can really test it out.
The wilwood brakes honestly have not seen track time yet, but they get the car stopped pretty damn quick on the street . I love them.

Edited by theatriks

• 3 months later...

Ok just thought I would update this thread as I have changed directions in my motor build.

I wish I could update this with some new parts on the car or at least getting a quick write up on the star road bumper and grill install BUT I'm in the process of moving and hard to work on the car ATM.

So I have decided to go NA and get rid of my turbo parts.

I'm going NA purely for the love and sound of triples and NA exhaust note of the L6

For me ..even if a turbo L6 has more power ...it just doesn't give me the sound/satisfaction the NA L6 can.

So I scooped up an equal length kameari 48mm stainless steel header LHD apparently version lol ...it looks to be a LHD version but final fitment will tell ....I bought it used and it was cheap enough that I thought what the hell ...and I also picked up some triple Solex 44s with an SK intake.

image_zpsuh6u14f2.jpeg

image_zps1gbwecoc.png

After move in I'm going to get a rebello 3.0 liter stroker kit and hopefully soon tear out the 2.6l.

Check back for updates ...thanks for following

Edited by theatriks

• 1 month later...

Taking the Canada day weekend here to install my star road front bumper and grill kit ...I will update as the progress goes this weekend ....yesterday ans today I managed to get the bumper painted up and ready to install.

image_zpszkfydrnm.jpeg

image_zpsz6cw6xoj.jpeg

Hopefully will be finished the install by Tommorow .

Ok so got a lot done today after 4 hours and my girlfriend helping me . In a 240z this might be a direct bolt in BUT in my 74 late year 260z it took more then slight modifications .

I needed all new brackets that I had to customize extensively by grinding, cutting , drilling new holes, and some slight bending of original mounts .

Here's the finished products minus the bumper deletes

image_zpsstjmvzru.jpeg

So the bumper deletes hit the bolts that are holding the valance on...not sure what I'm going to do yet to get them flush ....and I still need to modify the grill mounts a bit to get it perfectly centered.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Looks like photo bucket killed this build thread ...i do not know how else to post photos on here unfortunately.

Sucks because i'm about to start my engine build ...oh well if anybody is still interested i will probably post the rest of my build on instagram....