HybridZ

OS GIKEN CLUTCH KITS

Rob L

I have done the search already and unless google is slacking , there are no threads on these clutches in this forum !!!

So now ...has anybody used these clutches

http://www.rhdjapan.com/os-giken-ts3b-multi-plate-racing-clutch-kit-nissan.html

This is what whitehead performance has to say about these clutches

http://whiteheadperformance.com/products/os-giken-ts-series-triple-plate-clutch-kit-ts3b-ns081-cc3-datsun-240z-260z-280z-280zx-l24-l28-l28et-copy/

and thats all the info i can find ...

White heads article says it can be used on the street, I would like to know if there is anybody who has actually used this on the street ....

I want a good clutch ... i dont care if its over kill for my needs...i just want to know if its streetable or an on/off switch.

I have run clutches from Ottawa Clutch, right in your own backyard. They will set you up with whatever your needs are for a deccent price.

As for off the shelf...I have also used ACT clutches....had a 6 puck sprung clutch in a 3.0 liter turbo stroker setup. Reasonably priced and held up to a lot of abuse.

Edited by DREW RBZ

^^^ thanks for the tip...I was looking at act too ...I'm looking to build a turbo L6 who did your bottom end ?

I'm still looking for specific info on the os giken clutch too ...hoping somebody in here has used one to hear first hand experience about them .

Thanks guys ! Sounds like there pretty stealth.The reason i wanted to start this thread was because after searching these clutches... reviews for other  cars people were complaining about chatter . There is a couple vids too but could just be install errors or who knows .

I've got an OSG STR 2CD in my 240Z, driven on the road and used on the track, took a while to get used to the biting point for road driving and still occasionally stall but no major dramas with it

Mine does rattle/chatter when the clutch pedal is depressed but its a characteristic of the unsprung clutch cover design, I believe sprung covers are available for some of the OSG range 

My advice for what its worth, speak to OSG and tell them what your needs are and they'll recommend a clutch, when I contacted them they didn't offer an STR 2CD for the L series engine but in their opinion it was the best clutch for my needs so they said if I'd like one they'd put me a kit together, good people to deal with :-)

• 3 months later...

I'm with Drew on this no need for osgiken I own the car he previously owned the 3l stroker turbo. The act held lots of abuse. When we finally swapped to z32 tranny we ended up with a new disc from Ottawa clutch holding 400 hp and no slip 6 years they also surfaced and balanced highly recommend.