HybridZ

Exposed's 1jz Build

keep up the progress looking good. Those seats look way to wide for a s30 I dont know I could be wrong just looking at it from an image. I went with autometer phantom gauges I like them feel like stock would have been just as accurate. But then there was the tach input for ms2 edis with early 240z gauge, there are solutions but I just bit the bullet and changed all of them. Allot of members are doing the Defi Gauges I like those allot and I am sure you could put purple bulbs or any colour.

• 3 weeks later...

@Drift Boss, I figured I'm going to have to do that. It's pretty hard to find something with a bend like that.

Does anyone have there battery relocated into the trunk? I was planning on tucking it to the side in the trunk but wasn't 100% set on that idea yet.

I ordered up an ignitor and its finally here, hoping to start my engine sometime soon. Fingers crossed :D  :D

• 3 weeks later...

I finally started wiring up the car and for anyone thinking of doing this for a first time plan it out prior. It's my first major wiring job and its a handful. Here is what I pulled out of the car from the previous owner.

I'm currently laying out the wiring on autocad, once I'm all finished up I'll post it up for some peer review hopefully someone adds there 2 cents.

2djrxaf.jpg

It looks like there was a fire going to be a fire right away all the wires were nice and crispy. As of right now I have all my lights, radiator fans and horns wired up just need to connect everything into my combination switch.

Running into a bit of a problem I'm trying to just get the engine to start up before i start wiring anything up any further. Can anyone tell me what exactly I'm missing here to get it to run.

1) I currently have +B1, +B and BATT from plug C86 hooked up to constant 12v power

2) the fuel pump is powered and grounded

3) the starter has a wire running to the positive battery terminal

4) battery is grounded to the frame

5) on plug C86 I connect IGSW to the positive terminal on the battery

I guess I figured once I connected IGSW to a 12v power supply the engine would try to turn over but the only thing I hear is the starter clicking and fuel pump running. I'll try connecting MRel (plug C85) and IGSW together and connecting it to the positive battery terminal. I'm not to sure if this matters or not but I don't have the ignitor bolted down to anything. Should I run the thicker cables on my alternator directly to my positive battery terminal?

Edited by Exposed

• 3 weeks later...

The other day I had some time between work and responsibilities and I managed to get her running. Not the best quality video but its good enough. View My Video

I'm going to need to tidy up the wiring in the engine bay and properly hook up everything to the ignition switch and the rest of the car. Will hopefully have some speed hut gauges ordered this week as well.

• 1 month later...

I've been slowly doing some research on wiring and everything is in Japanese... was curious if any guru's on here could give me there two cents on my wiring diagram and if I'm missing anything crucial or if they see something that just won't work. PM me and I can send over my diagram.