HybridZ

Exposed's 1jz Build

theyre from speedhut the bigger ones are 41/2" and the smaller ones are 25/8". ill toss up some pictures of the finished product. Ended up painting the mounts i made in black instead of leaving them silver like in the pictures.

Nice! These are the ones im looking at.

Definitely post some of the finished product. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks, ended up taking about 15 hours for the stitching and then a bit more time to actually put it on, haven't finished the glove box either. I didn't go the bondo route however I did fix the cracks prior to covering them up was worried I'd be able to see the cracks through the material once it was stretched out.

nt3yq.jpg

@Calz the cover is all from scratch. An upholsetry buddy gave me a hand with the stitching. The pattern was just a picture in my head, sketched it out and then figured it was something id like to see happen. As far as the material goes it didn't stretch much at all we had to do a lot of "invisible seams".

et8m1e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I've finally finished the dash. Happy with the final product for now.

sdeplz.jpg

2na2oua.jpg

Placed an order on some goodies last week and my air dam and turn signals came in. Found some time this weekend and got them mounted up, just waiting on the rest of the order now.

Is it normal to have a big empty space between my air dam and the chrome bumper?

ei8acx.jpg

• 3 months later...

haven't posted in awhile, works been a bit to busy. Found my passenger outer tie rod needed some replacing so I snagged myself some t3 goodies. Will update this a bit more tonight with some more progress pictures.

b7yyj6.jpg

2v0o711.jpg

Edited by Exposed

• 4 months later...

Been slowing fixing up the interior of the car. Grabbed myself a pair of skillard door cards and they fit great, I didn't end up using the supplied nuts just put some aluminum rivnuts instead which seem to be holding up fairly well. I finally got around to laying some carpet which was purchased from MSA and it seems to be good quality and I redid the headliner in some vinyl. 
4j2qna.jpg
2zo8yf8.jpg
351d56f.jpg
v7s4z.jpg

On another note anyone know the color code for the 1jz valve covers? Cannot seem to find anything online and I cant use my valve covers to paint match because I redid them in black...
125suu1.jpg

Started removing my twins this past weekend, word of advice for anyone looking at removing them.
14jp05y.jpg

Take both stock turbos off at the same time. I found the best way to do it was by removing the nuts circled in blue, once you have those nuts off remove the stock turbos and you can remove the nuts circled in red. (4th blue circle nearest to the rad should be red not blue)
1072a2x.png

Underneath the car nearest to the front of car
2ekur78.png

Underneath the car nearest to firewall
jgjzag.png

23mvgbn.jpg

just to double check, the hose circled in the picture below can be blocked off. and where do people normally run the hose from the water pump (second picture)?
2jt6dk.jpg
x1y635.jpg

Edited by Exposed

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2017 at 10:45 AM, Exposed said:

Started removing my twins this past weekend, word of advice for anyone looking at removing them.
14jp05y.jpg

Take both stock turbos off at the same time. I found the best way to do it was by removing the nuts circled in blue, once you have those nuts off remove the stock turbos and you can remove the nuts circled in red. (4th blue circle nearest to the rad should be red not blue)
1072a2x.png

Underneath the car nearest to the front of car
2ekur78.png

Underneath the car nearest to firewall
jgjzag.png

23mvgbn.jpg

just to double check, the hose circled in the picture below can be blocked off. and where do people normally run the hose from the water pump (second picture)?
2jt6dk.jpg
x1y635.jpg

I did the same thing u did. In the process of getting it welded shut!

Good job on headliner. I am scared of doing it myself...lol Is it pretty easy?

Very easy, I've seen them done two ways but not sure if either way is the "proper way". I just laid some thick Dynamat and used adhesive to get the vinyl to stick then stuck it to the roof.

this little guy came in the other day. Just waiting on a couple fitting and gaskets from driftmotion now then will start to assemble.

b968af.jpg