HybridZ

Can i reuse these parts with r230 rear end swap

355datsun280z

Hello everyone and thank you for clearing this up for me..... I have a 1977 280z with a built small block Chevy pushing close to 700hp on nitrous and right now I have the stock 3.54 open diff but I welded it and made a Lincoln locker out of it. But also I have done all my suspension tokico illumina struts and ground control coilover and I've installed all urethane bushings and the rear msa big sway bar in the back. Now if I was to swap a r230 lsd 300zxTT 3.70 gears, would I then not be able to use my big sway bar in the rear and also would I still be able to use my struts and coil over and all the stuff I've upgraded and changed already. I spent so much money and time on picking out all the perfect parts and making the car exactly what I've wanted and I would love to do the 89 300zx turbo r200 lsd read but the price and availability has made me change my mind and has me looking at different options but it won't be an option if I can't reuse all the suspension things I've bought and installed. I know of the parts I would have to buy from techno toy tuning to complete the r230 swap but couldn't tell and haven't heard anyone say whether you are just changing the rear end and cv axles with the mustache bar and all the mounts while still using your "factory" 280z struts springs, sway bars and what not. Also when swapping will I be able to use the hubs off the 300zx and have 5 lug, but mainly I just want to make sure doing this swap won't make.me change all the custom partsbive already done and installed. Thanks again for all your answers I really appreciate it and hope i get the answer I want cause 3.70 gears instead of 3.54 will be amazing and a straight axle swap is not even and option cause I bought a z car to have the IRS and have a car that handles like it on rails.... Sbc or not :).

We used the Technotoytuning rear setup to run the 230dif.

You can pick n choose there parts for what you need. I think arizona z car has a similar setup.

Get the dif, axles and rear brakes from z32. Techno Toy Tuning rear mustache bar and the backing plates. You should be able to use everything you have.

Have to send them axles so they can shorten them.

We are very happy with the service and quality the give.

Yeah I've read everything on the swap itself and knew of all the parts I would need for the swap and was hoping to get the whole rear end when I get one and have it be hub to hub so I would have the brakes and everything. I just wanted to make sure that when I do the swap I will still be able to install my rear sway bar back on and the struts and coil over. I know I won't be able to use some of the urethane bushings I've bought for the 280z which is fine. I just wanted to make sure I basically didn't waste 800-1000 bucks on the struts and sway bars and what not. And I didn't want to have to buy them over just to fit it to the r230. But sounds like you answered my question and knowing I will be able to use all the parts I've upgraded already so now it's time to start ordering parts from techno toys and keeping an eye out for a complete r230. Thank you for all the help

Make sure you grab the parking brake cables when getting the R230 parts.

Not sure you'll be able use your coilovers. You may be able to use the inserts and springs, maybe even the sleeves and such but they need to be modified to bolt onto TTT backing plates. Talk to Gabriel at TTT, he'll be able to tell what he can make work. I used AZCAR coilovers, and they just welded tabs to the sleeves.