HybridZ

Edelbrock Pro Flo experiences/feedback do's and don'ts

Looking for feedback on this system now that I see Mike's using it [sweet car Mike!] (my 3500 unit is enroute)....Any problems at all? Where did you take vaccuum for PVC and power brakes from? Any hot start cooling problems (did you relocated your air temp switch?), what air cleaner assembly clears all linkage fine...what did you do for throttle linkage (doesn't look like my custom piece for my current Victor Jr. will work)....I came across a rather detailed web with a wicked Hotrod running it (he's deciphered the code in the ECU!) www.sonic.net/~mikebr/main.html

and came across some info but he's running a HUGE cam so hard to say how much is relative...what size fuel lines are you using (feed/return, they spec 3/8's feed and 5/16's return, wondering how critical that is), and Mike you're running a 270H cam right? have you done a lot of optimizing with tuning? mpg?

lastly, what psi is it spec'd to run at?

PSS did you & Lee do your own hood mod's?

thanks

Hey Ross, good choice!To answer your questions. There is only one vacuum hookup to run the PVC and power brakes, it's at the front of the throttle body. I've only run the engine on an engine dyno, there was no starting problems, and I did not move the air temp switch (why do you ask that?)I have a drop base air cleaner with K&N 14X3" filter, and a X-Stream flow air cleaner lid. I haven't made a throttle linkage yet. I'm using aluminum 3/8" fuel, and return lines, with braided lines from/to the tank, and from/to the fuel rails. I think the fuel is 50psi. All the tuning was done on the dyno, which made it very easy! Now all I have to do is start it and go!!!

PSS, Lee bought his hood from Jim Cook. I did my own hood mod using an AC Cobra scoop.(I bought it from Carrol Shelby himself in Las Vegas!) Hope this answers you questions for now. smile.gif

------------------

http://members.tripod.com/~SnowSurfer/mikekz1.html

I ask about the air temp switch as Edelbrock put it in a poor position at rear of manifold near firewall where it'll get hot and not reflect ambient incoming air. Heard that from more than one now. Check the web I listed.. and you have the modified hood so can use the standard 3" up top..Those that can't clear it can run into drop base cleaner/linkage interference and I know I"ll be likely adding a rear vaccuum source, not sure if I"ll tap into the manifold or TB, seen both done.

Good luck on your engine install:-)