HybridZ

Injectors and Injector Size

Guest LoFlyingZ

Guest LoFlyingZ

Hey!

I'm looking for opinions on who makes the best injectors and what sizes are the best for a turbo l6 running 12-18lbs boost. Opinions and any information shared would be enjoyed!

Thanks,

Steve

------------------

Guest Fast Frog

I used Bosch 30lb injectors for over 5 yrs with my L28T engine and a 57mm Super H TO4B turbo. I was running 12-20lbs of boost with 45-48 lbs of fuel pres using a bosch 300lb per hr fuel pump. Engine mgmt was an Accel DFI setup. It ran great on top end and idled smooth and ran fine in "normal" town driving.

Other members can give you much more detail and all the tech talk you'll ever want to hear. We've got some real knowledgable turbo guys at this site.

5 yrs ago I went small block Chevy 383.

Steve,

ask 6 folks who is their favorite injector vendor and you will probably get 4 different answers. Stick with a big name brand like Bosch, RCI, Nippondenso, etc.

The 2nd question is the classic "how-big" that does not have a specific answer. I do not like to size injectors based on boost because not all boost are equal. An L28T with the stock components and a Starion I/C pushing 14# boost will probably be making 50-75hp less than one with an upgraded turbo, good I/C and fueling at the same boost.

12-18# boost as you state is a wide gap. If you have the components to support it, your eyes will pop at the difference between 12# and 18#. Since I would not recommend 18# with the stock turbo, I assume you are looking at an upgraded turbo. Most of the L28Ts that have recorded performance are getting about 230+rwhp with the stock components and a Starion I/C at about 13-14#. I ran the stock turbo at 17# but with programmable system and the aforementioned good components and was pushing between 287-300rwhp. I used the SVO 36# injectors that could support about 325hp. Any more power than that and the 420cc injectors is a popular choice.

Of course, as Frog implied, any injector can be made to flow more by running higher fuel pressure like he did.

HTH

------------------

Scottie

71 240GN-Z

http://www.mindspring.com/~vscott911/gnz.html