HybridZ

RB25DET Advice

schlimgenmatt

Hi guys!   So I am new to the forum, but a car nut and about to jump into a 1973 240z-RB25 build.  I wanted to get your reviews on a company named "JDM Quality Auto Parts" out of Canada.  Any insights?  I just didn't know if anyone on here had any experience with them.  Hoping to place an order today, unless someone on here has a spare swap kit sitting at there house??  lol jk  thanks in advance!

Matt

• 1 month later...

I believe they are the old JDM Tiger, website looks eerily similar. But keep an eye on their contact info. Osaka JDM Motors and JDM Racing Motors are the same company. Also call anyone you're buying parts from. Some of the stuff they have on the website is already sold but they're always getting new stuff so you kinda have to be pro-active to get what you want. 

I've also had a great experience with JDMsource.ca Again, a Canadian company, but could be worth pricing.
Lots to read about them too on different forums. I recall looking into them for Honda engines way back when, and then used them for my Rb25. They were able to include a trans yoke for me too. Driveshaft guy ended up not even using it though. Also got them to send me a z32 ecu for very little money (maybe free?) so I could mod it for Nistune/chipping. Compression tested very even across the board, though the engine did have moderate amounts of corrosion in the coolant lines and on aluminum parts. Perhaps to be expected for junkyard type engine.

Mark

Side note, exhaust stud on cylinder 1 nearly fell off. Broken studs is a common problem and they are often just on the cusp of breaking. I redid all of them while the engine was out. 3 more sheered off while attempting removal. Yet another one of those nickel-dime costs associated with an RB swap. I think the oem stud kit was like $70 or something silly.

Edited by mtnickel