HybridZ

Mikuni 40 PHH Accel Pump Squirt - Alignment???

Samurai7one

I had taken my triples off a couple weeks ago and wanted to check the accelerator pumps for consistency. Noticed a strange pattern on two of my carbs. One carb shot straight out as you would expect but the other two shot out to the side at least at a 45 degree angle. Definitely not in a direction that would be shot down the intake, but would get squirted onto the side of the intake probably about an inch away from the carbs. The angle of the streams from the barrels were parallel, both to the right.

Any way to adjust this? Any ideas on cause?

Thanks!

Edited by Samurai7one

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I don't know the Mikunis specifically, I have Dellortos, but the Mikunis look similar.  

I have modified the pump jets on my carbs to fire at an angle of maybe 22.5 degrees to correct for the curve of the manifold runners. 

like this: ..../..\...\../.../..\... 

So - perhaps someone has tried something similar with yours before you had them. And you or someone in between has had the jets out and put them back in the wrong positions. 

Are yours really 2 straights ahead and 4 to the right? or something more like mine?