HybridZ

72 240z with a N42?

Zdoggy

Opinions on the car's price?  It is the price check forum.  Looks unrusty, which is good.  Missing a lot of parts, which will cost you.

There's a ton out there on Z and ZX engine blocks and heads.  N42 is just one of them.  Put these words in your favorite search engine "datsun engine blocks and heads".

Yes opinion on the price. I did search n42 not much came up. Thanks. I didn't know it was a head, I thought it was an engine. I'm a little worried the POR 15 treatment he talks about was sprayed over a bunch of rusted bad juju. Seems like a pretty good price comparatively to other 240zs I've been searching

You must not be good at google. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=n42+head+and+block+datsun

N42 can be a head and block from the L series engine line. Most of the links in the lmgtfy will clarify that. 

As for the damage, I'd be more concerned with the straightness of the frame rails on that side. Your concerns about a crappy POR 15 job over rust is also very valid. You'd have to get underneath and check frame rails. 

From the look of the add, it seems it have at least the basics (seats, center console, and dash). What are your intended uses for the car?

Like I stated in the previous post I didn't know it was a head, I searched n42 engine. Says newbie for a reason as I've been driving subarus for the past 10 years. Thanks for your astute observation. My plans are to beat the snot out of the car at the drag strip and autox.