HybridZ

Tire width

I will be running an ls6 with 4l60e trans. Should be about 400 rwhp. R200 clsd.

My build is nearly identical:  LS1, 4L60E, R200 3.70 CLSD.  I have 16x8 wheels with 245/40 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11s.  They are a great street tire, especially when warmed up.  First generally spins if you really get on it from a stop, but then it hooks in second with just a chirp.  My old tires would spin in 1st, 2nd, and the beginning of third.

post-1734-0-99125800-1454174868_thumb.jpg

My build is nearly identical:  LS1, 4L60E, R200 3.70 CLSD.  I have 16x8 wheels with 245/40 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11s.  They are a great street tire, especially when warmed up.  First generally spins if you really get on it from a stop, but then it hooks in second with just a chirp.  My old tires would spin in 1st, 2nd, and the beginning of third.

Is this on stock suspension? Any rubbing or clearance issues? I'm trying to run 16x8s(0offset) on my 260z but didn't think I could fit 245s

Good grief! It may be time to move this thread over to the suspension (tires) forum. Guys, the way you hook up with an LS is not related to tire size. It's controlled by your right foot and maybe your left foot. It's not size that matters, it's what you do with it! I used to do smoky donuts in a 40hp VW for goodness sake!