HybridZ

Brackets for Z32 brakes on a S30

Arif

I recall measuring my Odyssey rotor and there were like 11 13/16. I have since returned them. Arif, how did you enlarge the center hole?

Keep in mind that these rotors were originally defined to go in front of the hub, over the lug studs. I went 5 lug, and the bolt pattern on the back of my TTT 5 lug hubs is 103mm. This would still have been drillable.

Instead of having custom rotors, how about custom rotor adaptors? Then you could use off the shelf wilwood rotors and not have to customize your wear parts. Rotor adaptors might be cheaper than entire rotors.

JoeK I took my rotors to a machine shop to get the center hole enlarged. I think they used a lathe to enlarge it.

Maybe TTT would be willing to drill the correct bolt pattern on their 5 lug front hubs: https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/280z/5-lug-front-hubs-datsun-260z-and-280z

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys I heard back from the machine shop and they can make the adapters. The early bird special for the adapters will be $185 including bolts and shipping to the continental US. The price will go up on the next batch. I'll need 10 paid buyers in order to do the first run. My paypal is arifsealey@hotmail.com. I'll keep a list of buyers here so everyone will know when we reach our goal. If you have any questions let me know.

1. Hornedcow

2. Daz

3. Kennysgreen280zt

4. JoeK

5. Billy So.

6. Gordmcmillan123

Edited by Arif

I have a few questions:

Will the brackets you are selling be steel or AL?

Raw, coated, plated, anodized?

What is your estimated timeline after you reach 10 buyers?

If, for some reason, 10 buyers can not be had I assume there will be a refund for those who put money in, correct? 

Also, my respect and appreciation for making something happen for your fellow Z-car enthusiasts. Nice work bro.

I have a few questions:

Will the brackets you are selling be steel or AL?

Raw, coated, plated, anodized?

What is your estimated timeline after you reach 10 buyers?

If, for some reason, 10 buyers can not be had I assume there will be a refund for those who put money in, correct? 

Also, my respect and appreciation for making something happen for your fellow Z-car enthusiasts. Nice work bro.

Great questions Llave!

1. We looked at both steel and aluminum to ensure the strength will be there. I talked with a friend who makes brake brackets to see what he recommended for this application. Since these adapters are thick (3/4") aluminum will be good enough. They don't have threads so there's no chance of the metal stretching under the torque. 

2. Right now they will be raw so buyers can decide what color they want to get them powder coated or painted. If there is enough interest in getting them powder coated I can check into what the cost would be.

3. The machinist said we could get them done within a couple weeks after payment is made. If we go with powdercoating that will add more time.

4. Yes if we don't hit the goal of ten then the funds will be refunded or I'll go back to the machinist and see what we can work out. The more we get made the cheaper it will be for everyone. I'll also post this on DPAN's facebook page so we shouldn't have an issue reaching that goal.

I'm glad I could get this done for everyone. It feels good to give back to the community after learning so much from this site and the folks on it.

If anyone has additional questions just let me know. 

I'm in for a set. I still havent found anyone to mill the rotors, but since everyione seems to be having no issues, I'll assume I'll find someone eventually. Or I'll ship the rotors to one of the machinists that have done this for you guys.

I do have the TTT 5 lug hubs, but their machinist wouldn't cut the rotors, Gabriel said the job was too small. Gabriel did send me a pdf of the patterm on the back of the hub though.

I'm in for a set. I still havent found anyone to mill the rotors, but since everyione seems to be having no issues, I'll assume I'll find someone eventually. Or I'll ship the rotors to one of the machinists that have done this for you guys.

I do have the TTT 5 lug hubs, but their machinist wouldn't cut the rotors, Gabriel said the job was too small. Gabriel did send me a pdf of the patterm on the back of the hub though.

I would ask around your local gearheads to see if anyone has a drill press and lathe or a local machine shop.

My paypal is arifsealey@hotmail.com when you're ready.