HybridZ

Brackets for Z32 brakes on a S30

Arif

Payment sent as well.

Thanks Gord. You're on the list.

Monday and Tuesday were extremely busy for me however I'm going to the machine shop today to place the order. I'll post later today what timeline we'll be working on.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I got an email from the machine shop saying the adapters where ready so I dropped everything and went over to the shop. I'll pick up the bolts and mailing boxes tomorrow then mail them out on Friday. I ordered a few extra sets so if anyone still wants some just let me know.

Also while I was there the owner said he can reverse engineer practically any part. If you have a part you'd like made just let me know and if there's enough interest I'm pretty sure he can make it.

20160323_134556.jpg

Edited by Arif

Got mine today along with a bunch of other Z parts. Was hoping to post some installed pictures for everyone but either I didn't see the part about the center bore of the rotor or I selectively forgot about it. Therefore, my rotors won't fit over the Z hub. Oops.

Everything else looks good. Hopefully I can get back in touch with my machine guy and get them knocked out.

Thanks Arif!

The set up will be identical to the brake set up here:http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/105586-z32-caliper-conversion-kit-front-only/?hl=brakes&do=findComment&comment=987858

It uses the Honda Odyssey rotors which does require redrilling for a four lug set up along with enlarging the center hole to 81mm.

It must of gotten buried in the posts but the center hole needs to be enlarged. I used my old ring adapter from my Toyota 4x4 calipers as a template. 

Also you have to install the calipers to the brackets BEFORE you mount them to the car. There isn't enough room to install the brakes with the adapters on the car.

Edited by Arif

I got mine last night too. I was hoping to post installed pics, but decided to paint the rotor centers to prevent rust where it was cut and redrilled. Parts look real nice.

Glad you guys like the way they turned out. The machinist didn't get a chance to polish them when I showed up. I figured you all would rather have the parts a day sooner rather than waiting on polishing.

I've got 3 adapters left and yes I can ship overseas as well. The price is the same, $185 for the adapters, bolts, paypal and shipping in the CONUS. If you're overseas send me a PM for a shipping quote. Thanks guys.

It's been brought to my attention that the 240z hubs are a little different from the 280z hubs which are on my car. I went back and looked at the DIY facebook page and sure enough you either have to swap out the 240z hubs for a set of 280z or utilize a washer. Here's the portion of the write up addressing it:

The final piece of the puzzle (if you are a 240Z owner and you purchased the same adaptor as me) is a set of 260Z front hubs. This is because the original setup was not performed on a 240z, and the hat height of a 240 differs by about 3mm. This causes the caliper to not centre over the disk once it’s bolted on. You can offset this with a small washer/spacer, but I thought best to just get the hubs.

JoeK brought it to my attention and he's going to see what needs to be done to get everything lined up. If anyone else that has a 240z and has installed them please chime in so I can see what I can do on my end. Thanks