HybridZ

Brackets for Z32 brakes on a S30

Arif

On 4/12/2018 at 11:09 AM, Equizyme said:

Looks like r33 rotors are only good for the rear swap. I'm looking into getting some rotors made custom for this swap. If there's any interest I will try to do a group buy.

Payment also sent. Thanks Arif.

Might be better to have some custom rotor hats made. The hats never wear out and when your rotors are worn you just order new ones from Summit or wherever. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/13/2018 at 6:47 PM, JoeK said:

Might be better to have some custom rotor hats made. The hats never wear out and when your rotors are worn you just order new ones from Summit or wherever. 

Unfortunately hats and rotor discs are astronomically expensive. But so are custom rotors so, here we are.

Custom is never cheap. But Wilwood rotor discs aren't what I'd call astronomical. I have a pair I bought to do this exact thing, I think they were like $50 each. But yes, the cost of the custom hats made me go another route, which was Odyssey rotors. Even so, I had a hard time finding a machinist who would even touch the job of modifying stock car parts. They were all concerned about liability.

If someone made a custom run, it'd be better priced. Maybe even reasonable. I'd be in for a set too. I've got a pair of Wilwood discs just taking up space currently.

On 4/15/2018 at 9:44 PM, JoeK said:

Custom is never cheap. But Wilwood rotor discs aren't what I'd call astronomical. I have a pair I bought to do this exact thing, I think they were like $50 each. But yes, the cost of the custom hats made me go another route, which was Odyssey rotors. Even so, I had a hard time finding a machinist who would even touch the job of modifying stock car parts. They were all concerned about liability.

If someone made a custom run, it'd be better priced. Maybe even reasonable. I'd be in for a set too. I've got a pair of Wilwood discs just taking up space currently.

You're right about the wilwoods, from anywhere else though the prices were around 600 for hats and discs and 400 for just discs.  

Arif It may be worth sending some pm's to the people who haven't paid in case they haven't checked this thread in a while.

Edited by Equizyme

6 hours ago, Equizyme said:

You're right about the wilwoods, from anywhere else though the prices were around 600 for hats and discs and 400 for just discs.  

Arif It may be worth sending some pm's to the people who haven't paid in case they haven't checked this thread in a while.

I sent a message to everyone a week and a half ago. Also posted on the FB DPAN page. If we don't get additional orders I'll send the ones I have into the fabricator so you guys aren't waiting too long.

18 hours ago, Arif said:

First update: I called the machine shop this morning and the owner is in Germany until May 7th. I'll send the order in when he gets back so for those that still want to order you've got a little more time. 

Thanks Arif.

• 3 weeks later...

Update #2: The cost to machine the brackets have gone up 40% since the last time I ordered them. I'm confirming that it's the best price he can give me and I also have a friend with a CNC that I'm reaching out to. I'm not interested in raising the prices to buyers. Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 12:11 PM, Arif said:

Update #2: The cost to machine the brackets have gone up 40% since the last time I ordered them. I'm confirming that it's the best price he can give me and I also have a friend with a CNC that I'm reaching out to. I'm not interested in raising the prices to buyers. Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

What’s the status? I’m almost considering just backing out at this point.

I will be going to place the order for the brackets this week. Due to the increase in the cost to make these brackets it is the equal to what I'm charging so If you would like a refund send me a message with your paypal address.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 12:58 PM, Equizyme said:

Thanks for all your work making this happen arif. If the price to ship is going to run over what the original price is I have no problem making that right. Can't wait to get mine!

Equizyme unfortunately everyone pulled out of the buy. I refunded everyone's money last week. If you haven't received yours let me know.