HybridZ

dash measurements and help

vega72

hi i am new to the forum i am in the middle of working on my project car that has no dash. need something lightweight

My thinking is to buy a full face dash cover and support and brace the inside with abs pipe and glue it to the cover from the inside. i have made lightweight parts with fiberglass cloth and no mat only using 2 or 3 layers as opposed to 5-7 like recommended. what i do is i cut 1" abs pipe in half and glass it in the they part from the backside where the additional strength is needed. i have made parts that are ultra light weight and very strong.

So if i buy a full face cover and can strengthen it with the abs pipe i will have a nice looking lightweight dash. this car will not have any heating or accessories only gauges,switches will be in the centre console. to house the gauges i will glue the appropriate size abs pipe to the backside of the cover around the gauge openings. i have intellitronix round gauges 3 3/8 speedo and tach and 2 1/16 oil, water, volts and fuel. 

before i purchase the cover it would be nice to verify some measurements. 

the width from end to end?

the depth from windshield to face?

the height of the dash from top to bottom?

the drivers side end to the steering colum opening?

the height from the top of the dash to the top of the column opening?

my other questions is how thick of abs plastic are these covers made from? 1/8" maybe? 

thanks!!

Edited by vega72

Well I'm assuming this is for a S30, because that is the information I'll be providing.

'75 280z

49-1/2" side to side

12-1/2"to 13" from windshield to face @ center of dash.

10" from left side to c/of steering column

7" from top of dash to opening of steering column (top of clamshell)

12-1/2"to 13" top of dash to bottom @ the center of dash

Well I'm assuming this is for a S30, because that is the information I'll be providing.

'75 280z

49-1/2" side to side

12-1/2"to 13" from windshield to face @ center of dash.

10" from left side to c/of steering column

7" from top of dash to opening of steering column (top of clamshell)

12-1/2"to 13" top of dash to bottom @ the center of dash

thanks for the measurements. that 49.5" is that measuring width from the front face or top of dash? do you think they would be the same for a 240z?

I'm thinking to purchase the dash cap from zcardepot.com but I really want the 240z style. they have the 260/280z as well.