HybridZ

The Zcar community has lost another great young man...

Mikelly

Most of you won't know him, because he lurked here mostly.  MOST of you will know his work through CobraMatt's Zcar build thread and a mention or three in my own build thread.  John Brown died yesterday evening after a bad karting accident.  John had a passion for racing and was a pretty hot shoe and talent at the wheel, helping his team to second place in their first ever AER race last fall.  He lived life and loved all things motorsport related.

John was a young man formally educated in engineering who gave up the cube farm to follow his passion in the motorsports industry.  John worked at MTI Racing, Balanced Performance, Atlanta Motorsports Park, and most recently at Vengeance Racing.  But most of all, John was Matt's sidekick.  Most times Matt was at the track racing, John was crewing for him.  I met John thru Matt, and we struck up a friendship over the internet/chat/phone.  John even spent a night here while he and his fiance Regina were heading home from a weeklong trip up north to see her family.  He gave me a hand with the startup of the first LS motor transplant. 

John's smile was wonderful, his attitude towards everything he did was positive, and his craftsmanship and work ethic gave me hope in this current generation of young people.  He was also wise in the way of car setup, troubleshooting and fabrication the likes I have never seen.  Most of all he was a young man most of us would have been proud fo call son. 

Godspeed John "Cory" Brown.  You will be missed.

Mike Kelly

Edited by Mikelly

It has been hard seeing that you guys lost a good friend and brother " from another mother" I haven't said anything because I know the feelings all too well myself.  All I can say is that as time goes on you will still continue to think about him, it will get better but it will take time.

• 4 weeks later...