HybridZ

Bee R Rev limiter on a carbed L28???

GabeDiaZ27

OK. I have a pretty good deal on a Bee R rev limiter and I don`t want to miss out because I really want one! But sadly I don`t even know if I would be able to use it :huh: I have a 1977 280z with the stock L28...only thing is, is that I am running a Holley 4 barrel setup. with that being said I don`t have any of the old EFI stuff or even the ECU so what I am asking is if there is any way to hook up the rev limiter instead via ECU? and if so how would I go about that? I have been trying to look this up but no one seems to have done this before so i`m kinda lost. Thanks- Gabe

I'm going to have to review, but my understanding is the distributor is essentially stand alone of the ECM, the ECM controls the fuel and as you are running a carb, the ECM is redundant in its control of the engine. Is it still in the car? I might be missing something, but I don't think it is controlling anything.

The Bee-r rev limiter is an ignition cut, so it could be wired to your distributor as long as the tach signal was compatible and it can determine when to cut the ignition wire to act as a rev-limiter. I've seen some distributor driven S13's run them, but can't give you a positive answer.

• 4 weeks later...

A Crane Hi-6 CDI box is a better choice IMHO. Much better quality and reliability. Failure on the Crane boxes are rare. Combine it with an LX91 coil and you're golden...

Edit: If you keep your stock Nissan Trignition box you could use the Crane Hi-6S inductive box. This is a Multispark inductive box, but requires an electronic Module to serve as a trigger.

The HI-6S is about $100 cheaper than the Hi-6 CDI but still has a rev limiter, multi-spark and more than enough spark to fry your dinner. Will work very nicely with stock coil as well.

Edited by Chickenman