HybridZ

Megasquirting an na 280zx. Changes to the pbc?

Manya

Hi all,

I have a 1982 zx non turbo which I am planning to change over to a megasquirt setup.

I have a megasquirt 2 which I originally had in my 525i BMW but it was wired to work with a toothed wheel setup and wasted spark.

I don't really want to go with the hassel of trying to mount a toothed wheel setup on my car as most of the guides require the removal of power steering or AC, so I am looking at the more simple route of changing the dizzy over to turbo one and buying toothed wheel for it to use the wasted spark I already have.

My only question is, what do I need to change on the megasquirt to allow it to take an optical reading from the dizzy instead of the vr setup it was originally wired for?

From what I've read I only need to add a 1 k resistor to the proto board and apply 5v to VRIN jumper. Is that all I need to do?

Look forward to any suggestions and reply

Cheers

Look up some Megasquirt wiring installs  or in the Megamanual.

I added a turbo to my 83 n/a engine and did this.

I used a turbo dist, added a 1k ohm resister in the dist wiring, used a Bosch ignition module from a Volvo to provide spark. Only 4/5 wiring connections with it. Megasquirt 2 can read the turbo dist signal no problem.

Hey, thanks for the replies. I guess all I need to do is add a 1k resistor to the 12v line and I should be fine. I may end up setting up a trigger wheel latter, once I can come up with a sutibule solution to keep all the accessories and a place to mount the sensor.

Damn, I just ordered a 12-1 wheel diytune, hopefully they are back in stock. I ordered a new spline drive when I ordered the dizzy.

Anyway, I'll keep you updated once all the parts come from the other side of the world.

Cheers

Anthony